Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Nikon D700 Digital Negative...HA

This kind of made laugh so I had to post it and say something about it. There seems to be this trend just like in fashion and ideals to be retro. The photograph that is good shot has a border that was done in post production to look like the borders of film negatives. The photographer however choose to use the feel of a negative putting the already typical black border you see in digital photographs but also tries to be trendy by putting the staple of digital "negative", his copyright and what camera he used staple on it. Now dont get me wrong I have no problem with him putting the copyright, I think appropriation is important but I think putting the black border with "digital negative comes off just as tacky and distracting.

No comments: